Chapter 4: Markerting with Facebook

    When I think about social media platforms as a whole, many different resources come to mind. One of the ones that has always stuck out to me was Facebook. I remember when I was about 13 and everyone around me was making Facebook accounts. My parents told me I was not old enough to make an account. I didn't really mind that much because I had no idea what Facebook was even like. The thought of being so naive to such a different world scared me a lot. I made a Facebook account my senior year just to appeal to my early on college searching. 


    While reading the chapter my mind was put sort of at ease. The reading gives you a breakdown on some of the stats of Facebook. One of the more interesting numbers I saw was 75% of Facebook users are women compared to the 63% that are males. When trying to promote a business on Facebook this is one of the things you should think about in terms of marketing positions. Another important feature that Facebook has is the ability to have sort of a profile for your business. This allows the viewer to understand what the business is about and what their mission statement might be. This can really build up brand awareness for a business. Facebook is also the highest social media outlet with the most amount of business using it as an advertising outlet. This is huge for any company trying to reach as many people as possible, and Facebook is just the place to allow them to do so. Overall if you have a business that is either new or well established, Facebook is the perfect place to build upon a company's success. 


Comments

Popular Posts